Gas Line Services In Spring
SERVING SPRING - THE WOODLANDS - TOMBALL - CYPRESS - MAGNOLIA - NORTH HOUSTON
Bear's Plumbing Services in Spring, TX is licensed to install, test and repair all natural gas lines for both residential and commercial properties.
More than half of the homes in the United States rely on natural gas for clean and efficient heating and cooking. Natural gas lines and appliances are relatively safe, but for the protection of your home and family you should be aware of the possible hazards of natural gas.
Some Services We Provide:
- Installing a gas grill for that dream outdoor kitchen
- Installing a gas stove
- Removing an electric dryer and installing a gas dryer
- Moving a gas line to put in a pool
- Need a gas for your new hot tub?
- Annual gas tests for day care establishments
Carbon Monoxide Poisoning:
This is the number one natural gas safety issue. Carbon monoxide is dangerous because it is odorless, and robs the victim’s brain and organs of the oxygen necessary to function properly. The symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning are similar to those of the flu without a fever. Anyone experiencing these symptoms should get out of the house and call 911 immediately.
To Reduce the Risk of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning:
- Install carbon monoxide detectors in key areas of your home
- Inspect the vents, flues, and chimneys of all gas water heaters, furnaces, and fireplaces for proper ventilation of exhaust
- Never heat the house with your oven
- Never sleep in a room heated by a gas or kerosene space heater without proper venting
Gas Line Leaks:
Natural gas has a “rotten egg” odor added to gas to warn of a leak. Line leaks are rare, but can be extremely dangerous. A buildup of natural gas in an enclosed area can make people very sick or cause an explosion.
Gas leaks outside the home are also dangerous. Before doing any job that requires digging outside, homeowners should call their local utility company so gas lines can be marked before digging begins.
If You Smell the “Rotten Egg” Odor in Your Home:
- Do not use your cell phone until safely away
- Shut gas valves off at your home
- Do not turn on or off any electrical appliances
- Do not smoke or use any open flames
- Do not attempt to locate the leak
- Get a safe distance away from the house, and then call 911 and the utility company
- If a natural gas line is damaged when digging outside, call the utility immediately. Do not attempt to repair the line
Gas leaks in the home can be easily prevented by ensuring that flexible gas lines are installed properly and inspected regularly by licensed professionals. Call Bear's Plumbing in Spring, TX today to schedule an annual inspection, installation or repair.
Family Owned & Trusted
Over 7000 Happy Customers
Over 30 Years of Experience
Nearly 40 Years As Spring's Resident
We will always stay with Bear!!
He even gave us tips on preventative measures. Within the past years, we went through a few plumbing services before finding Bear. We will always stay with Bear!!- Georgia H.
Bears Plumbing has helped me out many times.
Bears Plumbing has helped me out many times. They are always friendly and available to get the job done. I have used them many times and I have referred them to friends many times.- Brian C.
I highly recommend their services.
Since the great job they did on the water heaters, I have had them out two more times to replace faucets for me. Both of these visits have been outstanding. Highly recommend.- Ryan B.